A major International event for the professional valuation community
The conference topics address most important and challenging professional issues. From valuation regulation and standards to valuation education, and valuation in the international context.
The conference attendees have a unique opportunity to discuss the changing valuation regulation and standards and learn about various valuation cases covering all disciplines and asset types.
The conference agenda includes professional roundtable discussions, multi-discipline workshops, and training opportunities.
Conference speakers are renowned world leaders in their valuation disciplines, representing major international and national valuation organizations and leading companies from all continents, including the Forum’s partners – IVSC, RICS, ASA, CAS, API, TAQEEM, IIBV, IACVS, CICBV, and many others.
By attending the conference, you will able to earn CPD credits for business valuation and PME disciplines. You will meet with and talk to fellow valuers from other countries and learn what is current and topical in the profession, the start-of-the-art valuation techniques and data sources they use.
VALUATION BEST PRACTICES
- Appraisal Review and Management
Barbara A. Spoor, ASA
- The Top Twelve Mistakes Appraisers Make in Court Preparation
Roger Durkin, J.D., M.S., FASA
- Electrical Generating Plant Valuation
Michael J. Remsha, P.E., ASA, CMI
- Environmental Issues – Impacts on Industrial Property Value
Gregory W.Kort, P.E., ASA, CMI
- A Market Perspective: Identifying, Quantifying, and Applying Economic Obsolescence
Kevin S. Reilly, ASA
Chair of the Business Valuation Committee
- The Size Effect Continues To Be Relevant When Estimating the Cost of Capital
Roger J. Grabowski, FASA
- Damodaran’s Country Risk Premium–A Serious Critique
Lutz Kruschwitz, Andreas Loffler, and Gerwald Mandl
- Response to “Damodaran’s Country Risk Premium: A Serious Critique
Aswath Damodaran, Professor of Finance at the Stern School of Business at New York University
- The Rule of Law Overrules the Rule of Thumb
Robert P. Schweihs, ASA
With valuation gaining recognition as a profession all over the world, it becomes evident that valuation education and knowledge sharing is critical to delivering reliable and relevant valuations. Constantly changing markets and regulatory environment make it both necessary and difficult to remain current on valuation matters. This is why attending a professional valuation conference gives you’re a competitive edge providing a valuable opportunity to discuss the latest trends and developments in the profession, exchange views with fellow valuers of their experience, accepted valuation techniques, and reliable data sources.
Many national and international professional valuation organizations provide their members with guidance on valuation standards and methodology. For many years American Society of Appraisers remains a leader in fostering valuation best practices in business valuation and plant and machinery valuation. Our conference is very fortunate to have obtained permission from the ASA’s Business Valuation Review and the MTS Journal, to select and post on our web site certain articles published by them in the past.
We would like to thank Jeff Tarbel and Brad Hartsburg for kindly providing pdf copies of these very interesting and relevant professional publications. You will be able to meet some of the authors and the editors of both Business Valuation Review and The MTS Journal when you come to Auckland in September.
The publications cover a broad range of the topics relevant for business and plant and machinery valuers. You can download them for free by following the links provided in this section.
We also suggest that you visit the web sites of the Business Valuation Review and the MTS Journal to see their most recent editions.
Alexander Lopatnikov, Chairman ICVPME
Speakers and topics
- Lee Hackett, ASA, USA
- Jay Shaw, IVSC/Grant Thornton, New Zealand
- Dr Mohammad Bahjatt, TAQEEM, Saudi Arabia
- Johnnie White, ASA, USA
- Ben Elder, RICS, UK
- Richard Berkemeier, ASA, USA
- Bob Brackett, IACVS, Canada
- Brad Hartsburg, Fortress Machinery Appraisals, Canada
- Syed Anuar Bin Syed Norddin, JPPH, Malaysia
- Dana Ababei, ANEVAR, Romania
- Craig Akins, NAB, Australia
- Paul Osaji, NIESV, Nigeria
- Nova Chan, PwC, China
- Sam Shapiro, United Appraisal Services, Inc., USA
- Stefan Sunde, TP EQuilibrium, AustralAsia LP, New Zealand
- Mark Collard, KPMG, Singapore
- Alastair Marsden, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Paul Adams, EverEdge
- Roger Grabowski, Duff&Phelps, USA
- Alexander Lopatnikov, AAR, Russia
- Tara Singh, Tylar St. John, CICBV, Canada
- Gregory Kort, Ryan, USA
- Jeff Tarbell, Houlihan Lokey, USA
- Haisu Wang, ZUEL, China
- David Edgerton, APV Valuers and Asset Management, Australia
- Lucien Laverdure, PwC, Australia
- Norm Laskay, Dufour, Laskay & Strouse, USA
- David Crick, DavAirGroup, Australia
- Mona Miller, Pacific Gem Lab Inc., USA
- John Mathe, Henley Valuers, Australia
- Austin Otegbulu, A C Otegbulu and Partners, Nigeria
The Saudi Authority for Accredited Valuers (TAQEEM) is the regulator of the valuation profession in Saudi Arabia. It accredits and oversees professional individuals and firms in real estate, business, and machinery and equipment sectors. TAQEEM has an independent, non-profit and judicial personality operating under the Ministry of Commerce and Investment. TAQEEM is a member of the IVSC and aims to develop the valuation profession by applying the International Valuation Standards (IVS). It seeks to drive trust and confidence into valuation practices and provide transparency to the market, therefore, creating an attractive environment for investment in alignment with the 2030 vision.
The American Society of Appraisers is a world renowned and respected international organization devoted to the appraisal profession. As the oldest and only major appraisal organization representing all appraisal specialists, ASA is devoted to providing the highest possible standards in all areas of ethics, professionalism, education and designation criteria. For more information about the American Society of Appraisers, the ASA designation program for appraisers or the Society’s free “Find an Appraiser” Referral System, visit www.appraisers.org or call +1 703-478-2228.
evcValuation LLC is a valuation firm focused on providing independent, unbiased appraisals of complex properties for various purposes. Our goal is to exceed our clients’ expectations and we strive to deliver an opinion of value that is within budget and meets our clients’ timing needs.